This video records me (FJ) at age 75. Each day finds me quietly waging my own personal battle against aging. I can’t let a day go by without doing my own personal regime of stretches. When I don’t do my daily exercises, my body complains with pain. In this video I will show you the exercises I have found to be most helpful in keeping my arthritic hip functioning pain-free and in “unseating” those joints and muscles that become stiff and achy from prolonged sitting and inactivity. This program will benefit you the most if you would do it from start to finish. Try to make time so you can do it without interruption. These exercises are deliberately contemplative. Think about and talk to your body. It’s the only one you have. Treat it well. The CD music is by Scott Killian. Once you learn the exercises and can do them by yourself, it should take you about 45 minutes to do the entire program without stopping. If you are pressed for time, do the Morning Wake-up which takes about 20 minutes.
- Tilt your pelvis
- Bend your knee & stretch
- Bend your knee & stretch your hamstrings
- Stretch your lower back & shoulder
- Bend your knee & stretch your hip
- Stretch your hamstrings & hip
- Stretch your stomach, hip & thigh
- Loosen your hip
- Rotate your spine & neck lying down
- Rotate your spine & neck sitting up
- Strengthen your stomach muscles
- Stretch your stomach & arch your back
- Stretch like a cat
- Swing & sway over your legs
- BONUS – 20 Minute Morning Wake-up
20 MINUTE MORNING WAKE-UP
The Wake-up runs through the following exercises without instruction:
Exercise 1. Tilt Your Pelvis
Exercise 3. Bend your knee & stretch your hamstrings
Exercise 6. Stretch your hamstrings & hip
Exercise 7. Stretch your stomach, hip & thigh
Exercise 10. Rotate your spine & neck sitting up
Play the DVD in 3 modes: Full Class, Individual Exercises or Workout Mode where you can run the exercises without instruction. Once you’ve learned the exercise and heard the instructions, you may want to go straight to the demonstration with music so you can have a work-out without interruption.
Available on these DVDs
- Absolute Beginner Ballet Group Class 1
- Beginner Ballet Barre
- Ballet Barre for the Adult Absolute Beginner
- Ballet Barre Stretch & Strength
- Basic Ballet Movement Skills 1
- Basic Ballet Movement Skills 2
- Basic Ballet Movement Skills 3
- The Boy Ballet Dancer
- The Center Floor Ballet Warm-up
- Get on Your Leg & Dance!
- Meditative Stretching
- The Ten-Minute Ballet Break
- The Ten-Minute Stretch Break
- Use Your Arms & Dance!
- Use Your Head & Turn!
The following DVDs don’t have the SPECIAL FEATURE but do allow you to skip the Instructions and go straight to the demonstration with music by using the SKIP FORWARD button:
- The Finis Jhung Ballet Technique: Stretch, Turn-out, & Extension
- The Finis Jhung Ballet Technique: The Power Barre
Streaming videos do not offer multiple playback modes. Each DVD chapter/exercise is presented as an individual video. To advance between chapters, the user is required to manually click the exercise video they wish to play. Unfortunately, auto-advance is not available at this time.
About your purchasing choices…
FJ Streaming Singles We have released several brief videos (for example, our Foot Strength and Dance at Home series) which are only available to stream online. You will not receive a DVD, but may watch instantly upon completing your purchase.
DVDs vs. Streaming
You’ll notice you have purchasing options on nearly all of the Finis Jhung Instructional Videos:
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.