LENGTH: 7 minutes, 31 seconds
PURPOSE OF THIS EXERCISE: Teaches you how to be in “Number 1” so you stand tall with strength, balance, grace and vitality like a ballet dancer. Regain your youth!
Part One: Instructions from Finis Jhung
Part Two: Sachiko Kanai performs the exercise with the music playing and Finis standing by and coaching.
- Learn how to achieve good posture by correctly aligning your body parts
- Learn how to balance your head
- Learn the cycles of energy and proper pelvic placement
- Practice standing in “Number 1”
- Learn how to breathe while you move
AUDIENCE: The mature adult who works mostly sitting from 9 to 5+
TRAINING REQUIRED: None
EQUIPMENT: A full length mirror
To learn more about Ballet Barre for the Adult Absolute Beginner or to watch the trailer for the full-length version: