This barre is designed to gently warm up, stretch, and strengthen the entire body. Students say that are ready to do any kind of choreography after they’ve done this barre, which includes exercises that students identify as a “Finis Fix,” especially his favorite barre stretch which begins has foot work, floor stretches, arabesque pencheé and concludes with a balance on relevé in attitude-arabesque. Finis first shows and explains each exercise in this video, and then Saige Miller demonstrates with Finis standing by to observe, instruct, and coach. Notice how Saige (who has been coached privately by Finis) is able to work without the barre, all the while maintaining correct posture, placement and turn-out. This barre does what a good barre should do: it warms you up, reinforces the basics, and takes you forward. And most of all, it gives you a leg to stand on.
The Finis Jhung Ballet Technique Level 4: Intermediate Barrework
$27.74 – $50.23
Taught by Finis Jhung.
Levels 2 & Up. All Regions DVD. 60 minutes. 14 exercises.
- Pliés with balances & stretches
- Battement tendu à la seconde, 1st position
- Battement tendu devant & derrière with stretches, 1st position
- Quick battement tendu à la seconde, devant & derrière
- Slow battement tendu with stretches & balance
- Medium battement tendu en croix with demi plié, retiré, 5th position
- Battement dégagé fermé, demi plié, balance, 5th position
- Footwork, stretches, arabesque penchée, balance (attitude-arabesque)
- Rond de jambe à terre, grand rond de jambe à la demi hauteur
- Slow fondu, rond de jambe en l’air, 5th position
- Quick fondu, frappé, petit battement, 5th position
- Grand battement, passé, développé, stretch, 5th position
- Fondu relevé with demi rond de jambe en l’air, retiré balance
About your purchasing choices…
FJ Streaming Singles We have released several brief videos (for example, our Foot Strength and Dance at Home series) which are only available to stream online. You will not receive a DVD, but may watch instantly upon completing your purchase.
DVDs vs. Streaming
You’ll notice you have purchasing options on nearly all of the Finis Jhung Instructional Videos:
- DVD is a hard-copy DVD that you will receive by mail.
- STREAMING VIDEO is watched online. After checking out, your streaming purchases will be added to your account and may be found here.
- DVD + Streaming means that you’ll receive both a DVD by mail and will also be able to watch online.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
“Your videos are the only ones that can still teach me something new and valuable. Our Ballet Conservatory uses its money judiciously to increase our extensive ballet and music library. We have your complete collection on our shelves, and yours are the only videos our students are allowed to view unsupervised. Your recordings are probably the greatest contribution to ballet methodology I have ever seen.”
— Kelli Ryan, Artistic Director, American Ballet Conservatory, Atwater, CA
You may also like…
Self-Massage with Finis Jhung$37.38 – $68.68 Select options
The Finis Jhung Ballet Technique: Stretch, Turnout & Extension$27.74 – $50.23 Select options
Pirouette Class 1$18.49 – $33.48 Select options
The Finis Jhung Ballet Technique Level 4: Intermediate Centerwork on Turns$27.74 – $50.23 Select options
The Finis Jhung Ballet Technique Level 4: Intermediate Centerwork on Jumps$27.74 – $50.23 Select options