Beginner Ballet Mini-Intensive #27 – Strengthen Your Feet
Saturday, July 24 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
10 Spaces Remaining
We are proud to announce our twenty-seventh 2021 Mini-Intensive for Beginner Ballet students: Strengthen Your Feet
Please fill out the form below to apply for this Mini-Intensive. Finis will review your request and, if approved, send you a registration link. All Mini-Intensives run 60 minutes and cost $50.
Strengthen Your Feet
WHAT IS IT?
This class emphasizes the sequential movement of the foot (heel, ball, toe) both as it slides away from and returns to the supporting foot and when it rolls off the floor to full pointe. The exercises are done slowly, so that you develop a clear understanding of the movement mechanics. As you work through these exercises, you will maximize the arching of the instep —which will improve the look of your pointe —while strongly working with resistance and pressure the muscles that will enable you to relevé, turn, and jump with ease and grace.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Adult ballet beginners capable of performing the exercises below and able to fulfill these requirements: you have a portable barre or 2 chairs for support; sufficient space to take 2 or 3 steps sideways, forward, and backward; the floor is smooth and flat so you can slide your foot in all directions; you will wear proper ballet attire and shoes; you will set and TEST the positioning of your camera so that Finis can see you from head to toe with both arms open in second position.
WHAT WILL WE WORK ON?
1. Force your insteps in the plié relevé
2. Work your foot sequentially in tendu à la seconde
3. Work your foot sequentially in dégagé à la seconde, tombé
4. Work your foot sequentially in dégagés front & back, tombé
5. Work your foot sequentially in pushes to attitude à la seconde
6. Work your foot sequentially in dégagé à la seconde / PING SLAM BOUNCE the relevé
7. Relax with circular stretches
8. Work your foot sequentially in rond de jambe par terre, demi-plié in fifth position en croix, balance in coupé
9. Repeat exercise 8 with rond de jambe en l’air, relevé balance in coupé
10. Work your foot sequentially in battement fondu développé en croix with PING SLAM BOUNCE
11. Repeat Exercise 10 with a fondu développé relevé
Once you have completed your purchase, you will receive an email with the Zoom information. We are not able to offer extensive technical support for Zoom meetings, so if you are new to Zoom or have questions, please allow time to download any necessary extensions. We direct you to these articles: Zoom Video Tutorials | Official Zoom Privacy & Security Guidelines | Zoom Security Tips from Forbes
Important: Please note that we are unable to offer refunds for any reason. Thank you for your understanding.
Disclaimer: Any person who participates in a Finis Jhung ballet class, does so at their own risk and assumes all risks involved, including but not limited to all cost, claim, injury, damage, or liability sustained while participating. Finis Jhung / Ballet Dynamics, Inc. will not be held liable for any misfortune that may occur. By signing up for the class, you are agreeing to the above and are certifying that you are in good health and have consulted a doctor before beginning this dance program. Also, the information provided through this website does not constitute or replace the medical advice of a healthcare professional. If you have any questions, please email Finis before registering.