If we can go to the moon and back, your students can learn to fly through the air with the greatest of ease. All you need is to do the right thing. You can teach your dancers to be nimble and quick and to “stand” in the air. It all has to do with knowing how to place the body and jumping foot, learning the correct timing, and using the floor. You’ll be delighted when you see how simple it can be to enable a formerly earth bound student bounce like a ball and bound across the floor. Finis and Cheryl break down and demonstrate a progression of jumps from échappé sauté, jeté, pas de chat, assemblé, ballotté, pas de basque, grand fouetté en tournant, brisé volé, grand jeté en tournant, grand jeté entrelacé, and grand jeté saut de chat. Especially valuable are Cheryl’s precise demonstrations of batterie (beats): royale, entrechat quatre, entrechat cinq, jeté battu, assemblé battu, brisé volé, and cabrioles. Add these beats to your choreography and get a standing ovation.
Watch The Art of Teaching Jumps Instantly for just $29*
If you are already a member, please login first before you attempt your purchase.
* You are guaranteed access to this video for the life of the Finis Jhung Streaming Video service. Purchase of this video implies your acceptance to the Finis Jhung Community Terms of Service.
If you have purchased this video already, please be sure you are logged in! Your video will appear right on this page!
- Échappé sauté, changement
- Jeté, sauté
- Pas de chat, dégagé, pas de bourrée
- Glissade assemblé
- Ballotté, pas de bourrée
- Jumping pas de bourrée
- Ballonné, jeté en avant, pas de bourrée, sauté, running
- Assemblé, entrechat trois, pas de basque, sauté, glissade, pas de chat
- Changement, royale, entrechat quatre, entrechat cinq, pas de basque, assemblé, sissone
- Glissade, jeté battu, assemblé battu, grand fouetté en tournant en diagonale
- Brisé volé en avant, grand assemblé en tournant, grand jeté en tournant
- Chassé, grand jeté en avant, grand jeté entrelacé, saut de chat
“Your work on these DVD’s is remarkable. I count on the no nonsense corrections that you make w/ the student. I’ve been teaching ballet for almost the last 30 years. My own training was excellent. However, it’s extremely refreshing to learn that good teaching still leads to sound ballet technique. Thank you for the great insight.” – Virginia Zellner, Studio D, Sherman, CT
“Finis has a special gift when it comes to being able to relate and ‘make simple’ the often difficult art of teaching dance. I have implemented Finis’s terminology and visual aids in my classes and experienced a tremendous difference.” – Gerald P Dishman, Studio D, Houma, LA
“I love your videos! They’re just the kind of teaching aid I’ve been looking for!” – Doreen McCann, Studio of the Dance Arts, Seneca Falls, NY
To purchase a hard-copy DVD, click here.