Watch Ballet Plus Instantly
If you are already a member, please login first before you attempt your purchase.
* You are guaranteed access to this video for the life of the Finis Jhung Streaming Video service. Purchase of this video implies your acceptance to the Finis Jhung Community Terms of Service.
If you have subscribed already, please be sure you are logged in! Your video will appear right on this page!
[bootstrap_tab name="Exercises" link="tab1-slug" active="active"]
- Rolling up & down, feet parallel
- Rolling up & down. 1st & 2nd positions
- Rolling up in plié. 1st & 2nd positions
- Combining exercises 2 & 3
- Demi & grand pliés, relevés. 1st, 2nd, 5th positions
- Plié, relevé, balance. 1st position
- Tendu, relevé, demi plié en croix
- Quick relevés from 3/4 to full pointe. 1st & 2nd positions
- Sous-sus, placing the feet in 5th position
- Battement tendu, plié, relevé in 4th position
- échappé sur les pointes, sous-sus
- Piqué pas de bourrée, couru
- échappé sur les pointes, sous-sus, pique pas de bourrée
- échappé, plié in second, sous-sus, pique pas de bourrée
[bootstrap_tab name="Customer Comments" link="tab2-slug" ]
"This DVD is wonderful! Your ideas and work are so helpful to all of us in the ballet world—teachers, dancers, and ballet enthusiasts/amateurs like myself." — Dr. jur. Xiaobing Yang-Benckendorff, Management Consultant, Frankfurt, Germany
"The Art of Pointework videos are a wonderful asset to our school. Utilizing the techniques, I am seeing a marked improvement in strength and correction of rolling over, as well as better balance, which ultimately will strengthen center work and pirouettes. The placement exercises are especially excellent! Thank you for this wonderful series." — Pamella McReynolds, Ballet Mistress, In Motion Dance Center and Fauquier County Ballet Theatre, Warrenton & Culpeper, VA
"This is a lovely, wonderfully explained class with answers to the usual questions, plus extra exercises to strengthen the feet that are useful to absolutely anyone." - Ione Barczak, Ballet Mistress, City Dance & City Ballet, Auckland, New Zealand
"These are the best videos I have ever seen. They are thoughtfully planned, and demonstrated. It's like having an Intensive Teacher Training Seminar right in your own home." - Jane Coyle, The Highland School of Ballet, Lakeland, FL
"This video provides a wonderful introduction to pointework for the absolute beginner. Starting with the importance of the shoes being properly fitted, it covers everything from how to tie the pointe ribbons, to how to pad the toes, to how to break-in the shoes. The video then provides a substantial and varied group of exercises. Many of these involve plies and releves in various positions, which increase the strength of foot muscles, while emphasizing how essential it is to be able to roll smoothly from 1/2 toe to 3/4 toe to pointe. Toward the end of the teaching session, the exercises become more complex, combining pique steps and pas de bourrées. This provides the new pointe student with the delightful feeling of dancing at the barre, rather than just performing exercises. This DVD is very informative and lots of fun. The exercises are well-explained, beautifully demonstrated, and accompanied by rich and pleasing music." - Carol Garmiza, Adult Student, New York, NY
"Been working with your DVDs for the past two weeks and it has changed me. I have been more focused and aware during my ballet classes and in everyday life. I love how you explain and teach the movements in sequences and it has slowed me down to really think before I dance the move. Even my pointe work is getting better. Keep making the ballet world bigger and better!" —Stasha Becker, US Army Europe
[bootstrap_tab name="Related Links" link="tab3-slug"]
To purchase a hard-copy DVD, please click here.
Don't forget to join the Art of Pointework Level 1 Discussion Group!