It's a fact of life: you've got to keep moving. If you don't use it, you lose it. And, it's been proven that people who exercise their bodies and minds daily feel better, look better, and age better. Awaken your body and refresh your mind with these short bouts of ballet. Choose from four different ten-minute breaks, each with four ballet exercises choreographed by Finis Jhung to the soul-stirring, heart-pounding orchestrated music of Scott Killian. Finis presents each exercise and gives pointers while Antonio Carmena, the critically-praised soloist of The New York City Ballet, demonstrates. To live is to dance.
Watch The Ten Minute Ballet Break Instantly for just $29*
If you are already a member, please login first before you attempt your purchase.
* You are guaranteed access to this video for the life of the Finis Jhung Streaming Video service. Purchase of this video implies your acceptance to the Finis Jhung Community Terms of Service.
If you have subscribed already, please be sure you are logged in! Your video will appear right on this page!
- Demi-plié, Port de bras, Cambré forward & up, Twists
- Demi-plié, Battement piqué side, Relevé, Spot
- Battement piqué front, Temps lié forward & back, Tendu side, Plié & cambré
- Temps lié sideways, Balance cou-de-pied, Cambré back, forward in tendu plié
- Tombé sideways, Cambré, Tombé forward, Twist, Cambré
- Tendu & dégagé side, Temps lié, Balance sur le cou-de-pied, Fondu arabesque
- Demi-rond de jambe, Retiré, Fondu-dégagé, Walk forward and back on half-toe
- Contract & twist in plié, Lunge & stretch
- Turn-in & twist, Turn-out, Plié-relevé, Cambré sideways & forward
- Demi-rond de jambe with port de bras, Fondu battement balance, Plié-relevé
- Battement-piqué front & back with port de bras, Temps lié forward & back
- Over-cross in 5th to tendu side, Rond de jambe, Temps lié back, Révérence
- Tendu front-side, Lunge with circular port de bras
- Rond de jambe par terre, Walk on half-toe changing directions
- Battements dégagés front & back, Temps lié forward & back, Developpé side, Temps lié
- Tendu, Demi-rond de jambe, Révérence, Arabesque, Temps lié, Walk in a circle
- Interview: Finis Jhung and Antonio Carmena
"At 48, I am always looking for ways to stay strong that are enjoyable. I studied ballet as a teenager and again as an adult and have never lost my love for it. When time constraints limited the number of classes I could attend, I purchased several ballet DVDs and streaming videos but lost interest in them quickly. I discovered Finis Jhung's site and was struck by his expertise, skill in instruction and his presence. I first purchased the streaming video, Ten Minute Ballet Break. What a wonderful teacher Finis Jhung is. The atmosphere that the video creates is one I want to escape to often. The result has been a strengthening and calming of both mind and body. The demonstration segments by Antonio are inspiring and easy to follow. My iPad allows me to take Finis' instruction with me and sneak ballet breaks into my work day. I am thrilled to have discovered it. It is the first of many I will purchase."
— Kathleen Rowland, Scientific Illustrator/Proofreader, Sioux Falls, SD
"I'm excited about this DVD . . . I love it! I don't have to dress for ballet—I can easily do it in my full-skirted summer dress. I have such a feeling of peace after using this video —even better than when I use my relaxation tapes. It's just what I needed. It was so clever of you to make this, and insightful, too, in that you choreographed the movements. Thank you!"—Barbara Owen, Ballet Teacher, Annapolis, MD
" I use the ten-minute ballet breaks routines to collect my thoughts and bring myself back into balance whether I am dancing or not."—Judith Chestnut, New South Wales, Australia
"I'm in love with the Ten-minute Ballet Break. It's filled with what is essential to your teaching, and the 10-minute format is extremely convenient. I tried the first two immediately and worked up some good sweat. Then I watched the remaining two. But the Ten-Minute Ballet Break is much more than a "workout" DVD. The movement in each segment flows naturally and beautifully. Antonio shows such grace and line that I forgot that I was watching an instructional DVD and instead thought I was watching great dance. I think it even beats some real ballet performances! I can't believe you two put this much care and artistry into making this DVD. I wish it would come as a download as well so that I could use it while traveling."—Chie Helinski, New York, NY
To purchase a hard-copy DVD, click here.