This Class is so much fun! Finis shows and explains each exercise, Saige does it, Finis corrects and coaches, Saige does it again. When it’s needed, Finis has Saige try a step several times so that it’s very clear to the viewer (and Saige) what needs to be done. Besides the technical “how to” information, Finis gives examples of musical and artistic choices that make the difference.
With each exercise, it becomes clear that as you learn and perfect your preparations, you’ll get the results you’re looking for. The centerwork proceeds from working on pirouettes at the barre through grand pirouettes en dedans to new jumps such as balloté, balloné, entrechat royale, grand fouetté en tournant, and grand jeté saut de chat. You’re going to watch this one with a smile and hope in your heart!
Watch FJBT Level 5 Centerwork on Turns & Jumps Instantly for just $29*
If you are already a member, please login first before you attempt your purchase.
* You are guaranteed access to this video for the life of the Finis Jhung Streaming Video service. Purchase of this video implies your acceptance to the Finis Jhung Community Terms of Service.
If you have subscribed already, please be sure you are logged in! Your video will appear right on this page!
- Barre practice: Turning the plié en dehors, half turn pirouette simple
- Barre practice: Turning the plié en dehors, full turn pirouette simple
- Chaînés turns, pas de bourrée, pirouettes en dehors, port de bras
- Waltz, pas de bourrée, pirouettes en dehors & en dedans, chaînés turns
- Grand pirouettes en dedans: à la seconde, attitude, arabesque
- Fondu développé a la quatrième devant, pas de bourrée, changements, pirouettes en dedans & en dehors
- Assemblé porté, sissone passé, pas de bourrée, ballotés
- Jeté, balloné, sauté, fondu, tombé, balloné, pas de bourrée
- Sauté arabesque, chassé, assemblé, échappé sauté, entrechat royale
- Grand fouetté en tournant
- Grand jeté saut de chat
- Pas de bourrée sauté, grand jeté saut de chat
- Bonus Sections: Finis talks with Saige
- Saige’s Pre-class Stretches
“Thank you – thank you – thank you! Although (unfortunately) we can’t all be dancers, these instructional videos that we can watch and digest at home, at our own pace, can probably help most of us to stand, place ourselves, look halfway human, and feel at least somewhat stable in our attempts!! I have decided to order another batch of your marvelous videos – surely there can’t ever be enough ‘pointers’ for me!” – Linda Tao, MD, New York, NY
To purchase a hard-copy DVD, click here.